While 13 California children were locked away and tortured in their California home, allegedly by their own parents, their mother dreamed of the family becoming the next reality TV sensation.

Dearly previously reported that David and Louise Turpin’s 17-year-old daughter escaped from her home and tipped off authorities that she and her 12 siblings had been locked away inside, chained to their beds, starved and viciously abused for years.

The parents allegedly forced their children to live in a home surrounded by urine, taunted them with food they weren’t allowed to eat, and teased them with toys left in packages they were never allowed to play with.

The kids — aged 2 to 29 years old — were only allowed to shower about once a year, and were beaten and choked inside “The House of Horrors” they were living in. The only thing the children were allowed to do was journal. Investigators said hundreds of them were discovered after they were rescued.

The mother cut off contact with many of her family members after she married David at age 16, and refused to let them see their children.

But according to the Mirror, her brother, Billy Lambert, said he recently spoke to her about getting a settlement from a relative’s estate.

As Dearly previously reported, like his sister Teresa Robinette, he thought Louise was living a happy life.

Lambert told the Mirror that when he spoke to his sister “[o]nly last month[,] Louise told me her and David were planning to have another child.”

Lambert continued: “I asked her why on earth they wanted more children and she said about wanting a reality TV show.”

Louise’s brother said she was hoping to add one more child to the already large family to follow in Kate Gosselin’s footsteps and make her family the next reality TV superstars.

Lambert said:

“She used to say how they would be perfect for TV and would often ­mention they would be bigger than the reality show ‘Kate Plus 8.’ She thought the world would be fascinated by their lives…

It is the reason they moved to California to be nearer to Hollywood.”

He continued:

“They thought it would make them millions and household names. They didn’t care about the kids – it was all about them.”

NBC News reports the couple has been charged with 12 counts of torture, seven counts of abuse on a dependent adult, 12 counts of false imprisonment, and six counts of child abuse. David also faces an additional charge of committing a lewd act on a child by force; the alleged victim is one of Turpin’s daughters.

David and Louise entered not guilty pleas to the charges, which could land them behind bars for 94 years to life if found guilty. They remain behind bars on bail of $12 million each.

Lambert told the Mirror that the details of what allegedly happened at his sister and brother-in-law’s house disgust him:

“It is abhorrent what has emerged. I hope they never taste freedom again. The pair are animals. I’ll never speak to her again. She is dead to me.”

A father of two, Lambert said he hopes to adopt the three youngest children, and have other family members take some of the children into their homes as well.

The Turpin’s next court date will take place on February 23.

Watch more about the story below:

Leave a comment

We are excited to announce Dearly has joined forces with Mama’s Uncut. Helping Mom’s across the United States answer questions on life’s big challenges.

DEARLY JOINING FORCES WITH MAMA'S UNCUT