A young mother who just had the scare of her life is extremely grateful for having an Aer Lingus flight crew member on board during her daughter’s choking scare.
Lisa Murray told Fox News she was flying between Dublin, Ireland, and Izmir, Turkey, when her 23-month-old daughter started to choke on a Pringle midair.
Ready for take off😊 The happiness in mileys face thats what its all about😍😍👌
Murray said a chip was stuck in Miley Rose Spillane’s throat and that she began to turn blue and lose consciousness. She recalled:
“I started to really panic when I had seen she was struggling for her life and for breath.”
On Facebook, the mother said her daughter’s “life was nearly taken from her” as “she nearly choked to death on the plane.”
Needless to say, the rest of passengers on the flight began to panic as Murray attempted to perform the Heimlich maneuver on her daughter. She told Fox News:
“The whole plane was in a panic. I mean to say there were people running out of [their] seats, screaming.”
On social media, the mom called the incident “the fright of my life” and said she’s still shaking from it.
Luckily, however, crew member Chloe Stapleton Moore was there to diffuse the situation. Murray credits the flight attendant for taking Miley under her wings while calming down the plane.
Eventually, the little girl managed to cough up the chip, and that’s when Chloe comforted Miley and the worried passengers after the scary ordeal.
From the bottom of my heart I want to thank Aerlingus staff and customer service Especially this girl chloe😍, Tonight I…
According to health experts, parents can prevent choking incidents by keeping food pieces small for children under 4 years old. One child nutrition site wrote:
Do not give hard, crunchy foods to a child until they are at least 4 years old and they can consistently chew and swallow crusty bread without coughing. Hard, crunchy foods include hard candies, peanuts, other nuts, raw carrots, apples, celery, fruit with pits, popcorn and sunflower seeds. Un-popped corn kernels are especially dangerous.
Murray said she’s happy the Aer Lingus flight crew member was there to help during the awful fright.