When an apartment complex caught on fire due to “unattended cooking,” a South Carolina mom was required to toss her 11-month-old baby boy out of a second-story window of the apartment building.

Thankfully, retired Marine was there to catch the baby.

A witness told KWQC that the mother soon followed the baby and jumped to safety.

The retired Marine told USA Today that he does not want any praise or attention. Fire Chief Michael Guest of the Anderson Fire Department said:

“He said he just did what he had to do.”

Both mother and baby are reported to be doing fine with only minor injuries.

One other women had burns on her feet and was treated, but no other injuries have been reported, according to WYFF 4 News

Firefighters we also able to rescue a dog, cat, and turtle from the raging fire.

USA Today reports that eight people have been displaced. 

But Travis Poore, a spokesman for the Anderson Fire Department, said of the rescue: “This could have been much, much worse. We are grateful that it wasn’t.”

Leave a comment

In response to:

Mom Is Forced to Toss Baby Out Window of Burning Apartment. Luckily a Marine Was There to Catch Him

Your email address will not be published.

We are excited to announce Dearly has joined forces with Mama’s Uncut. Helping Mom’s across the United States answer questions on life’s big challenges.

DEARLY JOINING FORCES WITH MAMA'S UNCUT