Jennifer Abma is the mom of two beautiful little girls. One of those girls, three-year-old Anastasia, gave Jennifer the scare of a lifetime when she decided to put herself down for a nap earlier this month.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1409158872453987&set=pb.100000796638642.-2207520000.1501255665.&type=3&theater

Jennifer explained on Facebook:

Anastasia put herself [down] for a nap. I had no idea how hot her bedroom was until I went to wake her up soaked in sweat, red face, boiling.

The terrified mom called 911 immediately. Thankfully, first responders arrived at Jennifer’s house faster than she could have ever hoped.


According to her post, the responding EMTs immediately started running tests. Anastasia’s sugar level was at a 1.2 when it should have read above a four. It took a total of 20 minutes for the three-year-old to regain consciousness:

They administered sucrose and in minutes she started crying clearly scared … It was literally the longest 20 minutes of my life.

Jennifer said her daughter’s scary story is proof of how dangerous heat can be, even while in the comfort of your own home.

She hopes that by sharing their harrowing experience it will prevent other parents from going through the same thing:

THIS was my evening, this was the scariest moment I’ve had to imagine, THIS is severe heatstroke. There is nothing scarier than not being able to wake your baby up. THIS is clear proof a child doesn’t need to be in the sun to get heat stroke.

The mom of two continued by saying that while she knows it wasn’t her fault, she still blames herself:

https://www.facebook.com/jenni.lynn.982/posts/1429913030378571

She doesn’t even want to think about what could have happened had she not checked in on her daughter:

No it is not my fault this happened to her, but it is hard not to blame yourself. This is a lesson learned & hopefully other parents can take something from this.

Make sure you are checking the rooms in your house, because they can be as dangerous as a hot car. I’m shook and I can’t imagine what would have happened if I didn’t go check on her.

Jennifer took to Instagram to say that Anastasia is “perfect now,” and thanked the EMTs for responding to her call so quickly. She added that they definitely had God on their side that fateful day.

To prevent this from happening again Jennifer placed multiple tower fans in Anastasia’s room.

Leave a comment

In response to:

Mom Details Horrifying Moment She Found Daughter Suffering a Heat Stroke … But She Wasn’t in the Car

Your email address will not be published.