Actress and mother of two Kristen Bell isn’t shy when it comes to sharing her parenting adventures.
The 37-year-old recently opened up about having husband Dax Shepard “nurse” her when she needed to get rid of excess milk, Dearly previously reported.
And this week, the mom shared another “TMI” moment when she stopped by the new Netflix series “The Joel McHale Show With Joel McHale.”Kristen Bell/Instagram
According to People, Bell admitted that she had pinworms after there was an outbreak at her daughters’ school. The mom told McHale:
“I did have anal worms two weeks ago — I swear to God. They’re called pinworms. My kids had them.”
The mother of two said she first started to worry when she went to her children’s preschool and noticed that they had gotten rid of all the carpets, which they admitted was due to a child having the worms.
According to MedlinePlus, pinworms are extremely infectious parasites that are common in children and spread when eggs are ingested.
Bell told the talk show host:
“I’m not here to talk about pinworms, but I will. Fifty percent of people over 15 don’t experience symptoms, which is the itch. Your kids get them because they put their hands in their mouth and they lay eggs.”
After the outbreak at her children’s school, Bell said she noticed her 3-year-old daughter Delta “scratching … down there.” The mom said:
“You have to monitor, and you have to look in their poop. And when you wipe their butt, sure enough — I wiped, and saw a little white worm. I know, she’s really gross. My daughter, not the worm. The worm was gross, too.”
And soon enough, Bell said that she started to feel itchy too. But the mom was able to quickly clear up their cases of pinworms with some over-the-counter medication.
According to the CDC, there are several ways of preventing the spread of pinworms when someone in your family is infected.
Those infected should shower regularly, wash their hands often, change their bedding frequently, and make sure they minimize contact with those not infected.
Thankfully, Bell and her daughter didn’t pass the worms onto their other family members.
And now, she knows just what to do if the rugs go missing in her children’s school again.