“Bachelor in Paradise” fans were shocked when, on Sunday, rumors broke that filming on set was abruptly halted due to alleged sexual misconduct on set.


According to a series of tweets by Los Angeles Times reporter Amy Kaufman, the supposed incident began when contestants DeMario Jackson and Corinne Olympios kissed each other in the Mexican resort’s pool:

Things quickly turned raunchy, Kaufman said, as the two began engaging in what the reporter could only call “soft core porn.”

According to Kaufman’s source, a producer on set was so disturbed by the scene that he or she did not even return to filming the next day and allegedly filed a “third party” misconduct suit. Speculation flooded the Internet immediately, as multiple outlets were reporting staggeringly different accounts of the night.

TMZ first reported that Jackson claimed the two engaged in “making out and rubbing, touching and fingering” and oral sex.

Then, on Monday, People reported that sources within the show claimed that Olympios may have been too drunk to consent to any sexual activity:

“The show absolutely values the primacy of consent, and this instance it appears as though conduct allegedly occurred without the proper consent having been given.”

Sources close to Olympios supposedly confirmed these speculations to TMZ. The anonymous insiders told the celeb-centric publication that production staff did not intervene after other “Bachelor in Paradise” members voiced their concerns:

“Several cast members told her they had voiced concern to people on the production crew that she was in no position to consent to sexual activity, but the crew did not heed their warnings.”

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQUG1u3jabN/

Members of the cast and crew began to come forward on promises of anonymity. One contestant, who spoke to People on background, claimed there was a “dark energy” within the Mexican resort home after the supposed incident in the pool:

“We knew something bad had happened; there was a dark energy that came around the house. You have to understand that we weren’t even there a week. The game hadn’t even really begun yet.”

While no official statement had been made, franchise insider “Reality Steve” speculated that Olympios was “lawyering up.”

Now, after days of waiting, Olympios has broken her silence.

The breakout star of last season’s “Bachelor” released an exclusive statement to TMZ on Wednesday, claiming that she had been “little memory” of the infamous events at the pool:

“I am a victim and have spent the last week trying to make sense of what happened on June 4. Although I have little memory of that night, something bad obviously took place, which I understand is why production on the show has now been suspended and a producer on the show has filed a complaint against the production.”

Olympios expressed extreme pain and worry, revealing that “as a woman” this entire ordeal has been her “worst nightmare” turned reality. She also confirmed speculations that she was taking some time to assemble a team of lawyers to “obtain justice”:

“As I pursue the details and facts surrounding that night and the immediate days after, I have retained a group of professionals to ensure that what happened on June 4 comes to light and I can continue my life, including hiring an attorney to obtain justice and seeking therapy to begin dealing with the physical and emotional trauma stemming from that evening.”

TMZ reported that Olympios’s main attorney is celebrity lawyer Marty Singer, who has represented the likes of John Travolta, Scarlett Johansson, Charlie Sheen, and Jonah Hill, amid various scandals.

Jackson has yet to make an official statement, but revealed to Entertainment Weekly Tuesday that Olympios is “an awesome girl.”

Warner Bros. has issued a statement which included the detail that investigations into the allegations are ongoing.

Leave a comment

In response to:

‘I Am a Victim’ — Corinne Olympios Says She Did Not Consent to Sex with DeMario Jackson

Your email address will not be published.