On Thursday night, a Texas family stopped by the Sonic fast food restaurant in Taylor to grab a bite to eat.
According to KXAN, the parents bought their 4-year-old son a burger to eat.
But when his 11-year-old sister went to unwrap the food, she found a pill that she thought was “candy” inside the wrapping, said police.
When she showed the pill to her parents, they wrapped up the burger and immediately drove the Taylor police station.
That’s when authorities confirmed the pill wasn’t candy, but ecstasy.
Police Chief Henry Fluck said the parents weren’t happy after finding the pill in their 4-year-old’s meal. He told KXAN:
“[The girl] actually asked her parents, ‘Is this candy?’ Of course, when they came to the police department, they were very upset, and we understand why.”
Three Sonic employees have since been arrested in connection to the incident.
Tanisha Dancer, the restaurant’s 30-year-old manager, was discovered with at least three more ecstasy pills in her clothing at the time of her arrest, WGNO reports.
She also had an outstanding warrant for a parole violation at the time. She has been charged with delivery of a controlled substance, possession of a controlled substance, and endangering a child
Jonathan Roberson, 35, was also arrested. He had four outstanding warrants for his arrest at the time.
The third employee, Jose Molina, 22, was arrested an additionally charged with possession of marijuana.
According to the National Institute of Drug Abuse (NIDA), effects of ecstasy or MDMA can be felt within 45 minutes of taking a single dose.
The drug creates effects such as increased emotion and a sense of well-being. However, overdose can cause seizure and lack of consciousness.
A spokesperson for Sonic said that Dancer has been fired and that they believe there is no further danger to customers.
It remains unclear how the ecstasy pill slipped into the 4-year-old’s burger wrapping.