When Sheresa Johnson awoke to her apartment building on fire, she was forced to make a difficult decision, ClickOnDetroit.com reports.

After hastily explaining to her daughters, ages 1, 3, and 5, Sheresa made the wise choice to toss them out of their top floor window to safety. The young mom explained:

“I told them what they were about to do. I told them it was on fire. They just came out the window.”

Barefoot and dressed only in their pajamas, the young family was forced to run through the snow and cold to escape the flames.

Miraculously, the three young girls — Angel, Angela, and Miracle — were unharmed, albeit shaken up.

Four other children safely escaped the flames, while a firefighter and two other adults suffered burns and injuries. Out of the 60 residents of the building, many were sent to the hospital for “treatment of smoke inhalation.”

There is speculation that the cause of the fire may have been electrical.

Although the American Red Cross jumped in to make sure the victims had a place to go, the residents lost all of their possessions, save from the clothes on their backs. Sheresa started a GoFundMe page to help get her and her daughters back on their feet.

GoFundMe

The Johnson family lost everything, including all their Christmas gifts. Thankfully, Sheresa still has her three beautiful daughters.

To donate, visit their GoFundMe page.

Leave a comment

In response to:

Family Lost Everything When Mom Was Forced to Throw Children out of Burning Apartment

Your email address will not be published.