Now Reading
After Daughter Died From Excitement on Water Slide, Family Raises Awareness About Life-Saving Defibrillators

After Daughter Died From Excitement on Water Slide, Family Raises Awareness About Life-Saving Defibrillators

A little girl who finally had the opportunity to ride down a giant water slide had her fun day turn tragic because her parents didn’t know about her health restrictions.

The Sun reports London Eisenbeis finally achieved her dream of going down the Super Loop Speed Slide at Zehnder’s Splash Village in Frankenmuth, Michigan. However, the stunt is death-defying for those suffering from a heart condition.

Unbeknownst to the 10-year-old’s family, she was born with a congenital heart defect, which normally means that certain sports should be limited.

London’s mom Tina Eisenbeis, 44, discovered at the time of her death that the little girl suffered from a condition called Long QT syndrome that causes abnormal rhythms in her heart.

According to her parents, there were no signs of the medical condition, so it didn’t stop the 10-year-old from dropping down the 273-foot-long chute in the water park.

Posted by London Strong Foundation on Tuesday, March 6, 2018

London’s parents said she couldn’t contain her excitement at the indoor splash park. Tina recalled:

“London looked at her dad, gave two thumbs up and smiled, went down the slide and came out in cardiac arrest.”

She explained:

“The excitement threw her rhythm. The slide she went down has a heartbeat sound at the top that my husband said made it even scarier. Who would have ever thought she would come out the bottom without one?”

Watch the video below:

Tina said she was waiting for her daughter at the bottom of the scary slide before she found out that she went into cardiac arrest. She recalled the horrifying sight:

“[Jerry] was looking down and there were sheets up and I knew it was one of my kids. It was an awful thing. There were no signs of the condition, she just dropped.

The day before she had been doing flips in the air.”

See Also

According to the Federal Drug Administration (FDA), using a portable automated external defibrillator (AED) to revive London would have sent an electrical shock to her heart to restore her normal heartbeat. The small battery-operated device could have saved her life.

Posted by London Strong Foundation on Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Her parents told the Sun she fought for nine days on life support while suffering from brain damage following the incident.

They released a video of her final moments to raise awareness for defibrillators before she passed away in the University of Michigan’s children’s hospital on February 27, 2018.

Watch the video below:

Since the time of the incident, it’s unclear if Splash Village now offers the portable device at their water parks, reports People.

What's Your Reaction?
Angry
0
Excited
0
Happy
0
In Love
0
Sad
0
Shocked
0
View Comments (0)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.