Screenshot/Entertainment Tonight

Note: This article contains graphic content.

Back in June, production on ABC’s spinoff show “Bachelor in Paradise” was abruptly halted after allegations of sexual misconduct on set surfaced.

According to an emailed statement from Warner Bros. to Dearly, authorities were conducting a “thorough” investigation into “gross misconduct.” The statement read, in part:

We have become aware of allegations of misconduct on the set of “Bachelor in Paradise” in Mexico. We have suspended production, and we are conducting a thorough investigation of these allegations. Once the investigation is complete, we will take appropriate responsive action.

Los Angeles Times reporter Amy Kaufman tweeted on June 11 that sources close to production revealed two contestants, DeMario Jackson and Corinne Olympios, had a sexual encounter on camera that resembled “soft core porn.”

From then, cloudy accounts of what truly happened at the Mexican resort surfaced, with TMZ reporting that the duo engaged in “making out and rubbing, touching and fingering” and oral sex.

Initially, Olympios had a different story, going on record to say she was a “victim” and did not consent to any of the sexual behavior with Jackson. She first told TMZ:

“I am a victim and have spent the last week trying to make sense of what happened on June 4. Although I have little memory of that night, something bad obviously took place, which I understand is why production on the show has now been suspended and a producer on the show has filed a complaint against the production.”

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXyIjqrgvL8/

Olympios expressed extreme anguish and added that the entire ordeal was her “worst nightmare” turned real. Assault allegations took their toll on Jackson, too, with the reality star later claiming to experience “trauma” at the alleged “character assassination.” A statement from his attorney explained further:

This has caused a lot of trauma — both physical and emotional injury…It’s been difficult for DeMario and his family. He’s a celebrity for all the wrong reasons.

Now, once again, Jackson is speaking out — but this time, it’s on a much larger scale.

On Tuesday, “Bachelor in Paradise” host Chris Harrison hosted an official sit-down with Jackson to allow him to air his side of the ongoing ordeal. After Warner Bros. officially said there was “no misconduct” on set, Jackson feels he’s in “a much better place.”

He echoed Olympios’s earlier statement that this was “every man’s biggest fear” come to life. And again, he publicly denied taking the “Bachelor” alum’s “limp” body out of the pool and engaging in sex.

Since the news broke, Jackson’s been actively trying to erase the sinister narrative that both Olympios and ABC have allegedly painted. He added tearfully:

“I know who I am. I know I’m not that monster that they’re trying to portray on TV.”

Jackson claimed he is trying his best to march on, if not for himself, for the children he mentors:

“Like Michelle Obama said, ‘When they go low, you go high.’ It was hard to go high, but I had to do it because I train and mentor children, and I can’t tell them to be something that I’m not. That kept me going.”

Olympios will have her chance to respond to Jackson’s statements after next week’s airing of “Bachelor in Paradise,” she tweeted.

The saga continues.

Leave a comment

We are excited to announce Dearly has joined forces with Mama’s Uncut. Helping Mom’s across the United States answer questions on life’s big challenges.

DEARLY JOINING FORCES WITH MAMA'S UNCUT