in ,

Family Takes Dad off Life Support After Saying Final Goodbyes. Now They Are Calling Him the ‘Miracle Man’

T. Scott Marr was well-known in his community.

As the voice of Creighton’s basketball team for the last 16 years, one could argue Marr had the most recognizable voice in all of Ohama.

Sadly, after Marr suffered what doctors believed to have been a massive stroke on December 2, it was thought that Marr’s voice would never be heard again.

That is until he made a “miraculous” recovery after being taken off of life support.

According to KMTV, Marr was found to have swelling in his brain, which wasn’t something his doctors believed he would recover from.

Dr. Rebecca Runge, a hospitalist at Methodist Hospital, told KMTV:

“We thought that this wasn’t a recoverable process.”

Marr’s family and his children all said their goodbyes and even began planning his funeral when his daughter, Preston Marr, received a phone call from the hospital.

She explained, as her father broke down next to her:

“I went into to talk to him like we had been this whole time. And I said, ‘Hi, dad.’ And he like, smiled at me. I literally thought I was like dreaming. It was the craziest moment ever.”

Marr’s was able to make a full recovery and now, he’s going back home with his family.

As Marr’s explained himself, “from a medical standpoint,” his recovery “was…a miracle.”

After recovering from his comatose state, it was eventually revealed that Marr didn’t suffer a stroke, but had an existing condition.

That condition is called Posterior reversible encephalopathy syndrome (PRES). According to the U.S. National Library of Medicine and National Institutes of Health, PRES “presents with the rapid onset of symptoms including headaches, seizures, altered consciousness, and visual disturbance”:

It is often—but by no means always—associated with acute hypertension. If promptly recognized and treated, the clinical syndrome usually resolves within a week.

Marr’s told KMTV that while he was unconscious for those two days in December, he had visions of his late father walking his dog down the street.

He revealed one of their conversations:

“He said, ‘what are you doing here?’ And I said ‘I’m looking to work,’ and he said ‘there’s no work here, you better get your butt home.'”

Now, Marr’s has earned the nickname, “Miracle Man.”

And he agrees with that name, calling “this whole thing…a miracle from God”:

“This whole thing has been a miracle from God, I did not die, I don’t have to die, I’m back here and I hope to give people some comfort and hope, that if they are in fact going through anything like that, that it’s a safe place.”

What do you think?

204 points
Upvote Downvote


Leave a Reply
  1. My husband had had a knee replacement and was left stiff for 20 years. Upon the arrival of a visit from friend from Guelf, they offered to pray for the healing of his knee and led my husband in a prayer for his salvation. Then he went out to the barn to do his chores and accidently slipped and bent his knee that had 4 pins that kept it stiff. He came in to the house running .My friend advised him to kneel, which he had not done in 20 years. He knelt from that day on, which made us believers in the healing power of the Lord Jesus Christ. Last year my husband was taken to the hospital due to lack of solid bowel movement for over 1 month. As they began to prepare for the removal of the colan, he called me for prayer and within 2 hrs. he had a bowel movement. His Doctor was amazed. With the call of evangelizing on my life I get to pray and lead people to the Lord almost each time I witness in person, or even on the telephone. Amen.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

After Hilary Duff Says Her Baby Girl Has Colic, Fans Point to the Brussels Sprouts in Her Diet

Mom’s 7-Year-Old With Autism Wanders off Alone While She’s in Bathroom. Police Are Still Working to Find Him