Destiny Corsaut and her three daughters were reported missing on July 3.
After more than a week of searching, family members are concerned that the case has run dry. Police are now reaching out to the public for more information.Chickasha Police Department
As earlier reported by Dearly, Destiny had planned to meet with her former husband David to exchange custody of their children. David is the custodial parent and was planning to spend his Fourth of July with the girls.
David tried contacting Destiny multiple times over the weekend, but he never heard back. He called Chickasha Police Department on July 3 when Destiny stopped answering her phone.
Nobody came to the door when the officers visited.Screenshot/KFOR
David decided to visit Destiny’s apartment in Chickasha, Oklahoma, again when he hadn’t heard from her on July 4.
This time when he arrived at the house, he found the front door wide open and the place had been “trashed.” The tables had been knocked over and nobody was home. David immediately called the police.
*** LOCATED Safe and Sound IN OKC, OK on July 23, 2017 ***We need your help to locate this missing mother and three…
After reviewing the case, the police department realized it did not meet the criteria to distribute an AMBER Alert.
Investigators instead put out a call for information to find the missing mom and children:
*** LOCATED ***This young mother and her young children were located in Oklahoma City, OK on July 23, 2017….
Police Sergeant John Steel explained in a press conference this week:
“We have no reason right now to believe the children or Destiny are in trouble […] After visiting with the Department of Public Safety in regard to an AMBER Alert, we don’t meet that criteria at this time. There has to be an immediate threat, of harm, somebody is in danger, somebody is dead, or doesn’t know where the children are. At this time, the information we have is that the mother knows where the children are at.”
This young mother and her three children have been located safe in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma on July 23, 2017.Special…
In the days since Destiny and her children went missing, police have been able to develop a loose timeline:
- Destiny’s boyfriend, James Hitchcock, put gas in her car around 5:30 p.m.
- Destiny worked at Dollar General from 6:00-11:00 p.m. and left her place of employment at 11:18 p.m. She told her employer she would see him the following day but failed to show up for her next shift.
- Hitchcock believes she picked up the kids from a babysitter between 11:30 p.m. and midnight.
- Destiny’s car arrived back at the apartment sometime after she left her workplace.
Hitchcock claims the children had been left with a babysitter, but police have been unable to locate this person.
Steel also noted that officers had searched the apartment and found Destiny’s purse and cell phone had been left inside. The investigators found no evidence of foul play at this time.
Steel confirmed that the only items missing from the house are the children’s car seats, the children, and their mother:
“As far as car being left behind, what does that mean? I can’t speculate what that means. The thing that struck us as odd is that the three car seats are missing.”
— NCMEC (@MissingKids) July 13, 2017
According to KFOR, David said that he’s trying to remain calm, but with each passing day he gets more nervous about the safety of his daughters:
“You try not to fear the worst or think bad things but if you don’t know, it makes you nervous and scared.”
— Julie Calhoun (@JulieCalhounTV) July 14, 2017
He hopes the girls will be back soon so he could celebrate Annie’s birthday on July 24:
“We have her presents ready. So if she’s watching, we got em’ as soon as it gets figured out, we can have her birthday.”
Investigators have released full descriptions of the missing family along with photographs:
- Destiny or “Katt”: Described as a 5 feet 2 inch tall woman who weighs around 120 pounds. She has lip piercings, an eye brow piercing, and several tattoos. Authorities believe she may have changed her hair color and appearance.
- Izabella or “Izzy”: Izzy is five years old. She’s 3 feet 7 inches tall, approximately 50 pounds, and has blonde hair with blue eyes. She also has a dark purple mark on her left cheek and wears pink glasses.
- Anastachiah or “Annie”: Annie is three years old. She is 3 feet 2 inches tall, approximately 30 pounds, and she has brown hair with blue eyes.
- Melaniey or “Mel”: Mel is two years old. She is 2 feet 7 inches tall and approximately 25 pounds, and has blonde hair with blue eyes. She walks slightly pigeon toed.
The mom has ties to family and friends in Texas, near the Wichita Falls area, and in the state of Illinois. Investigators have been in contact with local authorities in the region, as well as the FBI and OSBI.
Anyone with information is encouraged to contact the Chickasha Police Department at (405) 222-6050 or email gillian.o’email@example.com.