For a lot of people, the sign of a nearby Starbucks in the morning is a saving grace.

Such was the case for 27-year-old Matt Miller and his wife who, while on a trip to London, ran off to pick up some morning pick-me-ups before gathering their things and heading home.

According to Gloucestershire Live, Miller’s wife ordered a Mango Passion Fruit Frappuccino, but when she went to take a sip she instantly began choking.

She was able to pull what she was choking on out of her throat, but she and her husband were horrified by what they saw.

It was a piece of metal.

Screenshot/Twitter

Miller later tweeted a photo of the object to Starbucks, writing:

“@Starbucks when you choke on a piece of metal from your Starbucks drink…”

Miller told Gloucestershire Live:

“I was shocked and worried when I saw the metal … my wife that drank it and pulled the metal out of her throat.”

The piece of metal appears to be either a mangled staple or paper clip.

A Starbucks spokesperson told the news site it has since launched an investigation into the matter, saying:

“We are concerned to hear about this and have begun an investigation to find out what happened. We have been in touch with the customer directly to apologize and hope to welcome him back into store soon.”

Of course, an apology is always welcome, but it’s clear Miller and his wife are just happy there was no permanent damage done.

Leave a comment

We are excited to announce Dearly has joined forces with Mama’s Uncut. Helping Mom’s across the United States answer questions on life’s big challenges.

DEARLY JOINING FORCES WITH MAMA'S UNCUT