Allison Cope took a 10-minute break from her job at the Terminal 2 Starbucks in the Raleigh-Durham International Airport in North Carolina and never returned.

As previously reported, the 24-year-old supervisor swiped her security badge to clock out at 3 p.m. on June 26, leaving her purse and cellphone behind. According to reports, she only took her car keys and a debit card.

Her roommate, Sarah Kosinski, told TWC News  it was unlike Cope to go on break without at least bringing her phone, saying she was constantly “glued” to it.

Now, a week after Cope’s mysterious disappearance she has been found — alive.

According to WRAL in North Carolina, airport officials confirmed that police in Virginia Beach, Virginia, located the young woman. The circumstances are not being reported at this time.

WTVD in North Carolina reported that Cope was found in a Virginia Beach parking garage near the oceanfront on Ninth Street. She reportedly appeared to be OK, but was taken to Sentara Virginia Beach Hospital. Following her discovery, she was listed in good condition, but her condition now is being kept private.

View this post on Instagram

Rockin that new lipstick!

A post shared by Allison Cope (@allibabbyy) on

Kosinski said that at around 1:40 p.m. on the day of Cope’s disappearance, she texted her about her car insurance policy. Airport security footage later captured Cope going down an escalator in Terminal 2 with her car keys in hand. It was believed Cope headed out to retrieve something from her car.

WTVD reported Cope’s 2014 silver Ford Fusion was seen leaving the employee parking lot shortly after, but surveillance video did not capture the driver.

Of the video footage in the airport, Kosinski told WRAL:

“Her brows are down, sunken. She looks like she was crying. […] It looks darker around her eyes also.”

At approximately 4:15 p.m, Cope was spotted at a Shell gas station. The last clue was a charge on her debit card for $23.52. Police said based on the security footage, there was no indication that Cope showed any signs of distress.

Friends and family disagreed, claiming that something was amiss; all of her actions that day were uncharacteristic of the young woman they know.

It was unlike her  to not show up for her shift or to the dog rescue organization she helps run.

By 7 p.m. that night, Cope was reported missing.

Following a review of the security footage, Raleigh-Durham International (RDU) police said in a news release:

“Airport police have thoroughly reviewed the video and there is no evidence that she is under any distress. Furthermore, RDU Police have uncovered no evidence of any crimes being committed at the airport or anywhere on the airport campus.”

Now that Cope has been found, family and friends are asking for privacy as they try to unravel what happened to their loved one since she left for her break and went missing.

In a statement, her roommate called Cope’s experience “traumatic,” saying:

“She is the light of our lives and we are thankful to have her back. […] We appreciate all the help and support from the community and we ask for privacy.”

The case remains under investigation. A spokesman for RDU police told WTVD: “All options are open.”

Leave a comment

We are excited to announce Dearly has joined forces with Mama’s Uncut. Helping Mom’s across the United States answer questions on life’s big challenges.