Oklahoma police are looking for a Tulsa mother who allegedly “kidnapped” her youngest daughter after attempting to kill her children on May 14.

According to ABC News, authorities were called to Taheerah Ahmad's home Monday night after an eyewitness reportedly saw the 39-year-old mother of three stabbing her eldest daughter.

When the police arrived, they found the kitchen on fire and an 11-year-old girl, who was suffering from multiple stab wounds.

According to the responding authorities, she “was stabbed so many times that the officers” couldn't count how many wounds she sustained.

The 11-year-old was taken to the hospital and is currently listed in critical condition.

By the time police arrived to the home, Ahmad had set her house on fire and fled with her seven-year-old daughter.

As ABC News reports, the only eyewitness is Ahmad's nine-year-old daughter, who managed to get out of the house before her mom set it ablaze.

Authorities quickly released an Amber Alert for the seven-year-old, describing her to be in serious danger.

The nine-year-old told police that Ahmad “duct taped their hands, put socks in their mouths.” It was when she began stabbing her older sister that she was able to free herself, running to a nearby relative's house for help.

A spokesperson for the Tulsa Police Department told the media:

“The story that we received was that the seven-year-old helped the 9-year-old escape the residence. This is very fluid. It's moving very fast and we have a traumatized witness who has given us information.”

Authorities were able to find Ahmad and the seven-year-old the following day, thanks to two good Samaritans who saw the Amber Alert that was released to the public.

As the Tulsa police wrote on their Facebook page:

The suspect is in custody and currently being interviewed by the Lead Detective in the case. [...] Big thanks to Anastasia and Emily for seeing the suspect’s vehicle and calling 911. Emily, a mother herself, had been concerned about the child and noticed a car matching the description at 300 North Main. After calling the police, we responded within minutes and found the suspect and victim.

Thanks again for caring enough to take the time to help in this tragic situation.

Ahmad and her daughter were in the car at the time police responded to the call.

According to ABC News, it is believed that Ahmad's horrific actions were either spurred on by a mental illness or a drug-related issue.

It remains unclear what charges the mother faces at this time.